Having done this back in 2011, I don't recall what got me started on it, but 3D Position (download executable
or check out the C++ source code
) allows a player to navigate an '@' symbol around an 18x18x18 cave using the 'h', 'j', 'k', and 'l' keys. (I think I was getting used to using Vim
at the time, which would explain my choice of navigation keys.) What I find interesting and might think about exploring again sometime, is the limited perception of the world, where the player has to rely on only knowing what is located in a straight line on each axis from the character.
I don't know if the executable will work for everyone, so if you decide to check it out, let me know if it does or doesn't.
The controls are as follows:
- h - One block lower on the x axis
- l - One block higher on the x axis
- j - One block lower on the y axis
- k - One block higher on the y axis
- J - One block lower on the z axis
- K - One block higher on the z axis
- q - Quit